Saturday, November 29, 2008

[71] Jurassic Park



1993, starring Sam Neill, and that nerd from Independence Day, Jurassic Park is the story of a fictional theme park that features real living dinosaurs.

Various things go horribly wrong when the the power gets shut down, thus turning off the electric fences. There is then a great issue with a Tyrannosaurus Rex, people get eaten, that kind of thing. I think that most people should have seen it by now, so I really don't think I need to go into great plot detail. Also, that'd be spoilers for those who haven't.

It is pretty much the quintessential dinosaur movie, unless of course you have enough time to watch the entirety of Dinotopia.

Actually, I take that back. This film is a little bit ridiculous. Anyway, it's a fairly good adventure film. It's on the list, so apparently you're meant to see it before you die. I'm glad that I have finally seen it. I may watch the other ones one day.

In case you were not aware, this film is directed by Steven Spielberg, which really isn't all that surprising. You wouldn't expect anything less than an epic from that guy. He's produced some pretty amazing movies over the years. None of them really in this decade, but rather of the 70s, 80s and early 90s.

I will kindly grant this film a 7.8/10 and be done with it, that is a rating I use from my special ratings system. 7.8 seems fairly random though.

Anywho, reasonably good film, deserves its spot on the list, because it's quite good for its time.

Hopefully the fourth one, coming out in 2010 or so, will not be a giant cock up.

Thank you and goodnight.

No comments: